Back in September I received a nice email about finding reviewers on Twitter from Book Marketing Tools. With all the insanity that was autumn 2014, the newsletter naturally filed itself away, not to be seen again until this morning.
Not everything in that newsletter is blog worthy in my humble opinion; here is the section of that which I do think is valuable and useful to independent authors.
- Load up Twitter, and using the search form, search “book reviewer” “book blogger” “(your genre) reviews” and other topics like that. Be creative! I don’t want everyone contacting the same exact reviewers!
- This will show you a list of Tweets. Scroll and find the “People” box, and click “View All”. You will then find all profiles related to your search topic.
- Click on each profile and make sure they are a) active with a fairly recent tweet and b) they have at least 100 followers (the more the better).
- Then, identify possible matches, click through the Website listed on their Twitter profile, and find their rules for review submissions.
- If your book is within the confines of their rules, then submit your book for review!